With the growing employment, especially in the corporate sector, the demand for Life coaches, NLP coaches, business coaches, etc has been rising. More and more people have begun to realize the scope for a successful career in becoming a life coach and are seeking help from the internet to guide them through it. Before we discuss how one can become a life coach and what are the institutes that provide one with life coach certification in India, we must first understand what is life coaching and what a life coach does.
What is a life coach?
One major misconception around these coaches is that they are often seen as therapy. Life coaching surely resembles therapy in several aspects but it isn’t therapy. There is a massive difference between the two. Both therapy and life coaching involve counseling, being empathetic, listening to your clients, but therapy helps you deal with your past and resolve the unsolved issues, while life coaches help you to work for your future.
The central purpose of life coaching is to draw out outcomes. Someone who goes to a life coach seeks to become more productive and bring about a transformation in their life. Unlike mentors, a life coach does not work on a person’s past and helps them resolve their issues with their past, instead, they guide the person to do better for their future and helps them curate a healthier lifestyle that leads them to productivity.
How to become a life coach?
1. You should start by conducting deep research on all the institutes that offer life coach training. Make a list of all the institutes that provide life coach certification in India and select the ones in your city, state, or country and look for the reviews. Search them on the web and check for all the feedback they’ve gotten from their trainees.
2. Every coach has a number of mentors to choose from. Choose someone you want to learn from and someone you think can make you the best life coach in the institute. The roach ahead is for you to traverse. Choose your mentor and get started with the classes.
3. Once you’ve achieved your degree in life coaching from a reputed institute that has been certified by the ICF, you should make sure that you have a plan good enough to promote your brand. You must have a marketing and sales plan ready and must look forth to promoting yourself.
4. Digital marketing can be a tough job to accomplish on your own. Especially when you have more important tasks to handle. You can choose to hire a digital marketing company that would take care of your digital marketing strategies on your behalf and will promote your company.
5. Keep looking for clients and make sure you give your 100% to your clients. Keep learning while you’re in the process of establishing yourself as a life coach. Keep finding and looking for leads and make sure you maintain the right image for yourself in the Market. Keep yourself updated about your contemporaries and make sure you do not lack in any aspects.
Life coach is one of the most popular professions these days, given that more and more people are turning to life coaches for help. To become a life coach, one must make a list of all the institutes available in their city, state, or country that provide life coach certification in India. Next, they must choose the right mentor for themselves. Once they have achieved life coach training from a reputed institute, they must have a marketing and sales strategy to promote themselves.
One can even hire a digital marketing company to share the load of marketing responsibilities and the final duty is to keep putting in 100% effort for their clients.